Saturday, October 30, 2010
* 1 cup sugar (I used Splenda, but next time I will be using honey)
* 1 cup vegetable oil (I used Olive oil)
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 pound carrots
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup chopped nuts (optional. I didn't use nuts)
* Flour, enough to roll dough (I used All-Purpose, but I'm going to try it with wheat flour next time)
*** I also added 1 TBL of Flax Seed Meal and a sprinkle of Flax Seed SEED
Finely grate the carrots (a food processor may be used). In a mixing bowl, combine the carrots with the oil and sugar. Add slightly beaten egg, nuts, baking powder, salt and enough flour to enable you to roll out the dough. Cut into rounds with a flour dusted cookie cutter and transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
I strongly suggest trying this out. I will most definitely be making them from now on, especially for my children. Happy eating!