Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Where Joy Is Wednesday #17 and a Link-Up

Welcome to
 Where Joy Is Wednesday!


If I could sum up my goal in life with one quote (I love quotes), it would be this:

                              

This portion of my favorite poem by C.T. Studd always gives me profound perspective. As a wife, I am constantly working to make my home a beautiful, neat, orderly place for my husband. As a mommy, I am consumed with training, disciplining, and loving my kids. I hold the roles of wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister, friend, cousin, mentor, teacher, chef, housekeeper, and probably a dozen more I can't think of. And often, I lose sight of what truly matters when it all comes to an end. I can do all my work and I can do it well - but only what is invested in eternity will matter in the long run. Only what is done in the name of Christ will go on when I am no longer here.

Colossians 3:17 says, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." 

Whether I'm wiping my children's snotty noses, reading one more story, putting dinner on the table for my husband, or folding a mountain of laundry, if I do it all with Jesus Christ in mind - my first priority being to serve Him through serving others - then my work, however small it may be, will last. :)

There is joy in that.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...