Friday, August 15, 2014

Maternity Favorites

Right now, I'm feeling some powerful kicks coming from the little 24 week-old-baby in my tummy. Each pregnancy is different and this one is no exception! I haven't been sick like last time, nor have I been so tired that I could fall asleep standing up like I was with my first. This pregnancy has brought along a whole different set of new experiences. So today I am sharing with you some of my favorite maternity items that have helped me in my previous pregnancies and with this one. :)



Redeeming Childbirth: Experiencing His Presence in Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and Beyond. Enjoy reading? Oh friend, you must read Redeeming Childbirth! This book has been a huge blessing and comfort to me during this pregnancy. The website also has some fantastic tools, further encouragement, and a sweet community of like-minded momma's.

Maternity SPANX. I found this gem during my second pregnancy. I had never used SPANX before, but I had heard great things about their maternity items, so I purchased the Power Mama and hoped for the best. Not only does it smooth some of those *ahem* soft spots, but it gives my back a lot of support! Double whammy.

Epsom Salt. I love bubble baths and I seem to take them more regularly during pregnancy. They help my body relax and with each bubble bath I take, I add about 1/4 cup of Epsom salt to the water. The natural benefits are wonderful. The magnesium and sulfate in Epsom salts are absorbed through the skin and help reduce inflammation, improve oxygen use, help muscle and nerve function, flush toxins and ease migraine headaches. I use Dr. Teal's brand which can be found in your local Wal-Mart or Target.

Lavender Essential Oils. I also regularly add a couple drops of Lavender Essential Oil to my baths. Obviously, lavender is known for relaxing the body. It can also be used topically or aromatically. There have been plenty of nights already when I have dabbed a little behind my ears before bed to calm my mind and my body and help me rest better.

Red Raspberry Leaves. My secret weapon. :) This stuff will always be in my house. I love how it makes me feel and the nutrients that help prep my body for labor. And it's delicious! You can buy it in tea or pill form.

Full-Panel Capri Jeans. With it being my third pregnancy, I started feeling bloated very early on and began showing by the third month. I've had crazy dizziness too and so one day while out shopping, I tried on these capri jeans and fell in love with the comfort. My tummy isn't restricted or bound and they feel wonderful. Worth every penny.

Music. I love music anytime, anywhere. :) But through reading Redeeming Childbirth, I have been challenged to truly worship through this pregnancy. With two little ones undertow already, I have found myself overwhelmed and fearful in the moments when I let my guard down and am tired and vulnerable. In those moments, if I am unable to grab my Bible, I put on my "Pregnancy & Delivery playlist" on my phone and let the truth of God's promises wash over me. Some of my favorite songs on repeat have been:
         Be Still My Soul/What a Friend - Selah
         Here - Kari Jobe
         Restless - Audrey Assad
         Part the Waters/I Need Thee Every Hour - Selah
         Be Still My Soul - Kari Jobe
         I Can Trust Jesus - The Collingsworth Family
       
It's your turn! What are some of your favorite maternity items?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...