Friday, June 7, 2013

Diaper Bags || Minimizing Your Load


I lug around what mimics a suitcase. It's a diaper bag, but it is a big diaper bag. At any given time, that bag contains:
  • Diapers for both my kiddos
  • Wipes
  • Diaper rash cream
  • Extra clothes
  • A small trash bag
  • Bottles
  • Burp cloths
  • Pacifier wipes
  • A thermometer
  • Hand sanitizer...
You get the idea. But the other day, after struggling to get myself and my giant suitcase diaper bag out the door again, I finally snapped. There has to be a better way.

And there is.

The solution? Two bags.

We mothers pretty much need to be prepared for whatever may come. Trust me, you don't want to get caught two hours from home with no change of clothes and no trash bag when your toddler suddenly throws up in the backseat. Been there, done that. But I also don't want to walk sideways due to the massive load I have to cart around. It's time to simplify. So I now have two bags.


The smaller bag on the left is a purse I found at Wal-Mart for $16. It has two side pockets, much like a diaper bag, where I can store two bottles. Inside, I have a few diapers, a small container of wipes, and the extreme, need-it-now nessecities. I also have my wallet and very few purse essentials. That's it. The second bag stays in the car. This way, I have what I need with me and what I could possibly need within reach. The big bag holds my baby carrier, my toddler's "leash" (can't have him running off), a trash bag, a set of clothes for both kids, more diapers and wipes, and a mini-first aid kit.

I don't like toting around a huge diaper bag. It's hard enough toting around two small kiddos! So lighten your load, mom! Simplify and give your arms a break.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...