That has become our routine and today was no different....except for the WHAM! moment I had as we chatted. I suddenly sat up in bed and said, "Grant.....I just realized I'm having this baby next month!" -- Cue "extremely-excited-yet-overwhelmingly-shocked feeling."
Next month. Finally. After 8 months of pregnancy, I am almost there.
A few people have asked me how pregnancy is going, how I'm feeling, what I'm experiencing, and the like, so here are a few info-facts on how things are going as of late:
* I...am....tired. I have moments when I can literally clean everything and move stuff and work from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. easily. THEN there are those days, which are becoming more and more frequent, when a single trip from one room to the other makes me want to lie down.
* My skin itches. Of course, it never itches when I'm at home or really up to nothing important. No. My skin decides to drive me crazy with an inch when I'm in public or when I am alllllllmost to dreamland. I have come to the conclusion that my skin hates people and sleep. :p
* I cannot bend over. Period. I have to bend my legs sideways and ease down into a squat. Not lady-like AT ALL.
* My belly button....is.....gross.
* I have recently been forced to say "Hello" to swelling. Oh joy.... To combat this, I have been trying to drown myself in water since, oddly enough, the more water you drink, the less you swell. Go figure.
* Headaches. Enough said.
* My appetite has shrunk. This makes Kristen very happy. It feels good to eat a meal and not be hungry again an hour later. I am beginning to have to remind myself to grab an apple or nibble on something every couple of hours because I could easily go all day on just one meal. So since I don't want to starve the 4 1/2 pound bundle inside me, I eat.
* Sleeping through the night, with no wake-up calls, hasn't happened in....five months?....six months? I can't remember.
* I am already completely in love with my baby boy.....but there are moments when the little squirt wiggles his way into my rib cage like he's playing hide-and-seek (though he has NO ONE to play that game with in my womb). Funny? Oh very. Comfortable? Not one bit.
* Nathan has finally reached the appropriate weight and length to make my tummy roll. I can't decide if this is more funny than gross.....or more gross than funny.
* As each day goes by and I get closer and closer to my due date, I become more and more aware of the great responsibility and honor that God has given me. Am I nervous? Y.E.S. Do I get scared? Sometimes. Am I excited, anxious, and ready to hold this baby and teach him about his Creator? YOU BETCHA!