Cuts, Bumps, Burns and Stings
* Black Eye: Reduce the swelling and appearance of an ugly black eye by eating papaya and pineapple.
* Minor burns: Use whole milk on a minor burn, as the milk "soothes burns and promotes healing."
* Apply apple cider vinegar to bites: Reduce itching by applying a dab of apple cider vinegar to bug bites.
* Preparation H your burns: Preparation H helps minor burns heal more quickly. Use the treatment daily when you switch bandages.
* Aloe Vera helps razor burn: Rub aloe vera on the irritated area to relieve the effects of razor burn.
* Eat yogurt to help cold sores: Get rid of your cold sores faster by eating yogurt.
* Eat ginger: Ginger cookies and ginger tea helps calm upset tummies.
* Eat peppermint: Peppermint also has a soothing effect that helps stomach aches.
* Drink lemon tea and honey: This mixture can keep a tummy ache at bay.
* Drink ginger ale: Some people drink Sprite to calm their upset stomachs, but ginger ale is the best soda to use. The bubbles relieve gas and pressure, and the ginger has a natural soothing effect too.
* Close your eyes: If you're feeling dizzy, take a time out to shut your eyes for a few moments and regain your equilibrium.
* Make sage tea: Calm a nervous tummy and reduce stress by drinking sage tea.
* Move away from the computer: Sometimes too much eye strain can make you feel nauseous. Take a break from the computer to walk around and get some fresh air.
Clearing up Skin Problems
* Poison Ivy: Try rubbing wet table salt onto the rash to calm itching and stop the poison ivy oil from spreading.
* Acne: Vitamins like zinc, niacin and Vitamin A are helpful in treating acne, so increase your daily intake of all three. Another simple remedy is to apply either lemon juice or toothpaste to blemishes overnight.
* Eczema: For temporary relief, take an oatmeal bath or use lotion that contains oatmeal. Another way to temporarily stop itching is to rub ice over the area that is irritated.
* Chickenpox: Take a vinegar bath to ease itching and prevent yourself from scratching too much, which creates scars. Oatmeal baths also help.
* Make your own face mask: To moisturize an extra dry face, make a face mask made of 2-5 tablespoons of raw peanuts mixed with milk. Let he paste dry on your face before rinsing it off with cold water.
* Use lavender oil on a skin abrasion: Just a few drops will heal the abrasion.
* Eat blackberries and cherries to reduce the appearance of varicose veins: These fruits can clear up many symptoms of varicose veins.
Mental Health and Psychology
* Exercise: Doctors and experts have long heralded the natural benefits of exercise against depression.
* Amend your diet: Add energy boosting foods like almonds and orange juice into your diet to beat depression.
* Constipation: Eat plums, dates and apples to cure constipation.
* Body odor: Mix baking soda and lemon juice and then apply the mixture under your arms to reduce body odor.
* Use lime juice for dandruff problems: Rinse your hair with one teaspoon of lime juice to reduce stickiness and help prevent dandruff.
* Drink sage tea to get rid of bad breath: This remedy takes advantage of the presence of thujone in sage.
* Mint helps diarrhea: Mix mint juice with lime juice and honey to ward off diarrhea.
* Calm flatulence with ginger: Mixing ginger powder into a drink or chewing on fresh ginger slices can help calm flatulence.
* Carrot soup for diarrhea: Eating carrot soup also helps the body get rid of diarrhea, as it is rich in calcium, magnesium, sulphur and potassium.
* Use tea tree oil to fix toenail fungus: Read here to find out about the ways tea tree oil helps toenail fungus.
Eyes and Ears
* Earache: Drop garlic juice into your ear if you're trying to relieve the pain from an ear infection.
* Clean out earwax: Drop peroxide or rubbing alcohol into your ear to clean out earwax.
* Get rid of dark circles with a cold compress: Use a cold compress over eyes to banish dark circles. The moist, cold washcloth helps constrict blood vessels and makes them less visible.
* Use a warm compress to moisturize eyes: Put a warm compress over your eyes to alleviate dryness.
* Prevent blisters with Vaseline: Rub Vaseline on your toes and heels to prevent blisters when you break in new shoes.
* Dry skin: Give hands and feet an intense moisturizing treatment by slathering lotion on the dry areas and then wearing mittens or heavy duty socks overnight to lock in moisture.
* Lemon juice drops help a bloody nose: Try dropping lemon juice into your nostrils to stop a bloody nose. Pinching your fingers across the bridge of your nose also proves to be effective.
* Eat cauliflower to strengthen nails: Cauliflower is rich in biotin, which helps strengthen brittle nails.
* Use aloe vera on chapped lips: Aloe vera helps chapped lips the same way it helps a sunburn.