Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Day-Before-Christmas Eve!

So it's Christmas Eve EVE! I am so looking forward to this weekend!

Seeing ALL of my family. Celebrating with my husband's family. Spending time together for the first time on Christmas Day! It's going to be a memorable Christmas.

Last night, Grant and I FINALLY took a few Christmas pictures. Inspite of being rushed, tired, and completely inept to taking self-portraits, they turned out pretty good! Here are three of my favorites:


I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas! As you enjoy the food, fellowship, family time, carols, presents and stockings, do not forget about Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, who came to this earth to redeem us from our sin. Let us not forget that it wasn't about the baby in the manger, it was about the Highest of Kings coming down to be born in the lowliest of places, making Himself of "no reputation" but taking on "the form of a servant." It's not just about shepherds coming to see, it's about being changed by the Gospel and telling everyone about it! It isn't about the kings from the east who brought gifts. It is about US giving to the Lord; the giving of our time, our talent, our money, our family...our very life. Let us not become like the inn-keepers....let us roll out the red carpet and invite Christ in. As the song goes, "Let every heart prepare Him room."

Don't forget to WORSHIP the Lord this Christmas. I don't want to simply "remember the reason for the season," but literally praise Him for who He is and what He has done for me. As Mary said...

My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.....
And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation....
He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts....
He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree....

He hath filled the hungry with good things...

....For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

Praise be to HE who came down for me!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

HIS daughter said...

Merry Christmas! Love the pictures! :) Thank you so much for the reminder to worship or Savior this Christmas! He is worthy :)
Blessings :)
Katy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...