Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My Monthly Picks || April 2014



Scripture
This month, John 15:5 has been up on the board in my kitchen. It says, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." As a wife and mom, it is hard to "abide" in Christ when I'm pulled in so many different directions. Having this verse in my view has encouraged me to stop relying on myself and my own strengths and abilities and to focus on resting and abiding in the power of Christ.

Song 
The song "Find Rest" by Francesca Battistelli is on her brand new release that came out last week. I instantly loved the lyrics. From one who has a hard time truly resting and trusting each and every move of God, I definitely need the frequent reminder to put my hope in God....and rest. :) You can go buy the song here!

Book
Several years ago, I dear friend gave me the book By Searching by Isobel Kuhn. This book is the story of Isobel and her journey through years of atheism, searching for truth and meaning, that led her to faith in Jesus Christ. She later served as a missionary to China with her husband. This is a beautiful and powerfully written book that was such a blessing to read.

Sermon
Sermon Index is my favorite source for messages and audio sermons. This message by David Wilkerson is one I can barely listen to as it is so terribly convicting! But the truth and power of it made me bring it back and listen to it again this month. I haven't quite been able to get it out of my head since. It's called A Call to Anguish. You can listen to it here, download it for your iPod or smart phone here, and you can watch a small clip here.


What about you? What has spoken to you this month and has drawn you closer to Jesus Christ? Feel free to share in the comments below! :)





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...