Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Where Joy Is Wednesday #1 and a Link-Up!

Welcome to the first Where Joy Is link up! 


There are so many things that bring me joy in life. Springtime flowers, a quiet moment with my Bible and a cup of coffee, the giggles of my children, and the tender embrace of my husband are just a few things that I can easily take for granted if I am not intentional to stop and bask in the joy of it.

This morning, I was reading in Philippians and this verse jumped out at me:

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. (Phil. 2:2)

Philippians talks about rejoicing a lot! It's obviously something the people of God are called to do. I don't know about you, but I often do not chose to stop and find the joy when I'm wiping runny noses, kissing boo-boos, running errands, cooking meals, and sweeping up crumbled cheerios off the kitchen floor for the umpteenth time. I should though. It's those very moments that make up lasting memories and that will one day be the very things I look back on with a smile.

It is so important to make joy a priority. If we don't, oh gracious we will likely go through life missing the beautiful little fingerprints of God all over our little world. Today you are invited to stop and find the joy in the little moments around you. Today, you are encouraged to choose joy.




1 comment:

Sarah @ In Pleasant Places said...

What a great idea for a link-up - we all need to purposefully praise God for all the things He gives us that bring us joy! I pray He blesses your idea for His purposes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...