Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Homemade Pump Soap

At my kitchen sink, next to my detergent, I keep a bottle of pump soap to wash my hands with. Yesterday, I noticed I was out. That's when I got the brilliant idea to make my own. After all, I've been trying to go more natural. So, I began digging up ideas and ended making my very own bottle of pump soap....and it was SO easy!



First, I got a bar of ivory soap which is what we use (plus it is very high in Alkaline) and I grated it into a pot of water (1 pint of water to be exact).



Then I brought it to a boil, stirring constantly until all the soap pieces were melted.

TIP:  for a more yummy smell, I also added 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and melted it along with the soap.


Next, I pour it into a clear mason jar and put it in the fridge for two hours.



Next, I made a hole in the top lid.



I had some fabric stored away, so I pulled some out and cut out a piece.


After placing it above the lid, I screwed the top on and inserted my empty bottle's pump into the hole I had made. PERFECT!


Not bad for my first go at it!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I LOVE your blog! I am also trying to be more frugal and natural! I was wondering if the soap has the same consistency as regular purchased soaps? Right now I'm making my own foaming hand soap using water and liquid soap to save money, do you think this would work in that also? If so, I'd be interested to see the savings comparison!

Lisa said...

Very creative! That is awesome!!!

Hehe, I have to admit I thought it said "Homemade Pump Soup" and then I started reading about ivory bar soap and I was like -- "WHAT in the WORLD is Kristen making?!?!?!" lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...