Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

I have not tried this yet (I currently have a case of wipes in Nathan's closet!) but I am anxious to. Not only are they cheap but I have heard that they are way gentler on a baby's bottom.

SO, I'm posting this to store for the day (soon!) when I WILL try it out!


Here’s what you need:

0.one package of cloth-like paper towels
1.2 cups of hot water
2.one tablespoon of baby wash
3.one tablespoon olive oil
4.one tablespoon lotion
5.one tablespoon white vinegar

Here’s how you make them:

1. Cut the paper towels in half lengthwise, using a serrated kitchen knife
2. Mix the water, oil, baby wash, lotion and vinegar together
3. Place half of the roll into a round tupperware-type container (shredded side down)
4. Pour water solution over the roll and put the lid on
5. (Don’t worry about the cardboard tube.) Let sit about 5 minutes, then turn upside down for 5 more minutes to saturate the roll.
6. Remove the cardboard roll, it will pull out easily
7. Now there all done- pull wipes from the middle to use



If any of you, mommies, try this out before I do, let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Let me know how you like those! Those look like good ideas for in the future sometime!

You may have posted on this before (I don't have time to read the whole blog, sorry...I am trying to catch up! lol)...but are you doing cloth or disposable diapers? Just curious!

Kristen Elizabeth Lee said...

Well, I have cloth but I haven't used them yet. I've been using disposable because we were given, literally, CASES of them. I haven't bought one package of disposable diapers in three months...and from the looks of it, I won't be buying any any time soon. But I do have cloth, I just haven't tried them out yet. Hannah V is using them big time, though. In face, she sent me some that I am anxious to try out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...