Here's the latest:
- I'm very uncomfortable and very tired. I definitely feel like I am carrying around 20 extra lbs...which I am. :)
- My appetite is becoming nonexistent, which usually happens when I'm "done." I haven't had extreme cravings this pregnancy, but the cravings I have had have been similar to Selah's. I've wanted lots of fruits and sweets, especially McIntosh apples, peanut butter and chocolate. I think maybe the weirdest combo I have wanted was an apple, a slice of red velvet cake...with a taco.
- No swelling. No varicose veins. So cystic acne. But plenty indigestion and headaches.
- I became anemic during this pregnancy so I've been taking Iron supplements and have tried to add lots more spinach into my diet as well. The results have been great. I'm still tired, but I don't hit a brick wall every single day at 1 p.m. I have a little more energy and clarity of mind. Along with Iron, I've been taking the Garden of Life Oceans Mom prenatal vitamin, B-Complex, Calcium, and a low dose of Red Raspberry Leaves. I have felt significantly better this pregnancy than the last because of it.
- I'm already starting to dilate, so hopefully it will continue to progress and not stall. :)
- Baby is measuring well and weighs somewhere around 6 lbs. So anxious to meet the little petite angel that will soon be here!
It's unreal how fast pregnancy goes by, and yet how ridiculously slow it is too. :) There are lots of discomforts that come with growing a life, especially when that little bundle grows into a good size bundle that prefers to sit directly over your bladder or cuddle into your rib cage. The third trimester is the hardest trimester for me but I'm thankful that there are things that provide relief. Here are some favorites of mine that have helped me in these final weeks.
doTERRA Deep Blue Rub This stuff has helped me tremendously! With my second pregnancy, I experienced some intense pain in my hips and this time has been even more painful. doTERRA Deep Blue Rub almost instantly soothes the aches and pains. It's worth the price.
Peace & Calming Essential Oil has helped with difficulty sleeping. Usually by your third trimester (sometimes before!) you begin having trouble getting comfortable. Then the closer you get to delivery, your mind starts to go crazy and it's hard to calm down and truly rest. I've used Lavender EO for years and it's great, but Peace & Calming blend just calms me quicker and I usually sleep lots better when I use it.
Epsom Salts I love this stuff. I soak in a bath with about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Epsom salt every chance I get and I always feel wonderful after!
Comforting books This pregnancy I read Redeeming Childbirth by Angie Tolpin several times and it is definitely a book I highly recommend, especially while pregnant. I was encouraged and challenged on so many levels. Along with Redeeming Childbirth, I also read Set-Apart Motherhood by Leslie Ludy which gave me an extra "oomph" as I disciple and train my kiddos.
Pregnancy and Labor playlist I shared a small list of songs earlier in my pregnancy that spoke to me. Since then, I've added more and have claimed a few for the birth of this little one. The ones I have seemingly kept on replay have been:
Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer - Keith and Kristyn Getty
Be Still My Soul/What a Friend - Selah
Jesus Paid it All - Aaron Keys
Part the Waters/I Need Thee Every Hour - Selah
Here - Kari Jobe
All the Way My Savoir Leads Me - Various (Classic Songs from the Hymnal)
Not much longer now!