Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blocks in my Father's Shoe

photo credit

A few Sundays ago, as we were getting ready for Church, Grant walked into the kitchen laughing holding up his boot. He had discovered one of Nathan's blocks inside!

Nathan is at the age where he...is...everywhere. He stands up, he climbs around, and he crawls....fast. He pulls things out and, apparently, is more than capable of putting things IN various places....like a block in a shoe, for example.

As Grant laughed, he said, "Nathan wanted to leave me a present!" That comment has been stuck in my head ever since.

I want my Lord to "have a present" from me. All day. Every day.

Nathan isn't old enough yet to give his daddy big, grand gifts. He only has his blocks and other various toys. That's all he has to give. I am unable to give my Savior everything He deserves, but I CAN give Him all I have to give. The last line of one of my favorite hymns, says:

Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

My life.
My soul.
My all.

....I can give Him that. They can be my "blocks" in my Father's "shoe."

1 Chronicles 16:29
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.


1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great parallel! And how cute of your son to leave his father a gift. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...