Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's Fun Buying Cloth Diapers!

I am just loving cloth diapers. Even more, I love BUYING cloth diapers, diaper covers, and accessories.

LOVE IT.

Such fun! It takes restraint to keep from buying one (or two! or three!) of everything! Anyway, here is the latest of my cloth adventures.

Last week, I found myself in need of a few more diaper covers for Nathan. I currently own two Bummis Super Lite, (one small and one medium), one Blueberry Coverall, and two Imagine covers. The Bummis is great, but it is always possible that a leak may occur, so Nathan only wears that one at home. I really like the Blueberry coverall, especially the adorable pattern of monkeys that I purchased, but I do not like how the top usually turns inward, leaving a little mark on N's tummy from time to time. :( The Imagine covers have been my favorite, so I made a point to get one more. Then I decided to purchase a Thirsties cover. My friend has been raving about them, so I decided to give it a try. I was so happy when I found my package in the mail yesterday! Here is what I got:

I purchased one, Thirsties diaper cover (medium) for Nathan and I LOVE it!
Nathan is currently wearing it as I type this. It is very soft and easy to clean.
It is similar to the Imagine covers, but....different in its own awesome way.
Super awesome! Thank you, Sarah!


I knew I loved the Imagine one-size covers, so I bought another.
The only difference is that instead of the Hook and Loop closures that I
already own, I went with a snap closure. At first, it was a bit confusing
because the adjustable rise is also snaps! So.....yeah. But after a minute, all was well.


Next I purchased liners. I had never tried these before so I was curious
if they would meet a need I have. I have been afraid of taking off on the road
with cloth diapers because it is nearly impossible to clean the soiled (and dirty!) diapers
when you are not home, or have easy access to a washer. It's just.....difficult.
But I looked at the Flushable diaper liners and thought, "Hmmm, maybe?"
So I bought 100 of the Imagine Biodegradable Liners (for less than $6.00).
Today, I used them for the first time and....so far, so good. It needs a bit of
tweaking, but I definitely am happy with my purchase!

So there is the latest. I am planning to try out the Bumkins cover next, as well as purchase a second wet bag. I'll be blogging on those items next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...