Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemaking Quotes

I am a homemaker. I am a stay-at-home wife and mommy. Do I enjoy it? Yes!!

I grew up on the road and I dearly love traveling, but I also so love being home. I love waking up and seeing my little boy's smile. I love feeding my family, making coffee, and singing around the house as I fold laundry and do dishes. I love reading my Bible in the quiet of my boy's naptime. I love going on walks and playing outside with our dogs. I love cooking and having supper ready when my husband gets home. Home life is wonderful!  

"I work for a King. He has put me in charge of his home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him. Therefore I want to dress my best and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him." - Lydia Sherman

     
"Thank God, O women, for the quietude of your home, and that you are queen it it. Men come at eventide to the home; but all day long you are there, beautifying it, sanctifying it, adorning it, blessing it. Better be there than wear a queen's coronet. Better be there than carry the purse of a princess. It may be a very humble home. There may be no carpet on the floor. There may be no pictures on the wall. There may be no silks in the wardrobe; but, by your faith in God, and your cheerful demeanor, you may garniture that place with more splendor than the upholsterer's hand ever kindled." - Reverend T. DeWitt Talmage, D.D

"I learned more about Christianity from my mother than from all the theologians in England." - John Wesley

"I'm only a housewife, I'm afraid." How often do we hear this shocking admission. I'm afraid when I hear it I feel very angry indeed. Only a housewife: only a practitioner of one of the two most noble professions (the other one is that of a farmer); only the mistress of a huge battery of high and varied skills and custodian of civilization itself. Only a typist, perhaps! Only a company director, or a nuclear physicist; only a barrister; only the President! When a woman says she is a housewife she should say it with the utmost pride, for there is nothing higher on this planet to which she could aspire." - John Seymour
"The career of motherhood and homemaking is beyond value and needs no justification. It's importance is incalculable." - Katherine Short




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...