Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Mother's Day was never a big deal in my mind growing up. Like most young children, I didn't truly get it. But I made my Momma a card and told her I loved her. However, in the past couple of years, as I have learned to appreciate my Mom more and more, I have been able to understand this special day much more. And it is a wonderful day!

But now? My goodness! I get it. Fully.

It is a day to honor those whose womb God has touched and blessed. It is a day to take a moment and tell your Mother how much you love her and appreciate her carrying you in her body, giving birth to you, and for loving and nurturing you.

As a new Mommy, I consider Mother's Day to be full of newfound sweetness...and it makes me appreciate my Mom all the more.





Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
(and to me too! wow....)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...