Friday, February 18, 2011

32 Weeks!!


Here I am, at 32 weeks. That means I am officially in my 8th month. It means I have 8 weeks left until my due date. That's 56 days....but who's counting? (hehehe)

When I became pregnant, I signed up to every baby/pregnancy website I could find! The Bump, Planning Family, Pregnancy Weekly, What To Expect, Our365, Fit Pregnancy - you name it! Each week, I get updates from these sites telling me what's going on with my baby and with my body. Suffice it to say, I feel I have learned more in the past 7 1/2 months than I did in science class! Anyway, since I am bombarded with updates, I felt I would pass them along to share with you! The more I read about the growth of a baby in my womb, the more in awe I am of my God.


Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring roughly 16.5 inches long, he now weighs about 4 1/2 pounds! And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will gain about a half pound every week.He is sleeping approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day. Most of his wrinkles are disappearing, especially on his face, as more fat is deposited under his skin. His hair is becoming thicker with each passing week and you may even be able to see it on an ultrasound! He will also begin to settle in the head-down position, as his birth is fast approaching.

_______________________________________________


Your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is about fifteen to seventeen inches long. Photographs of babies in utero at this stage show their skin becoming less translucent and pinker, as layers of fat are deposited under the skin. His skeleton is rapidly ossifying (turning from cartilage into solid bone), which means that kicks will become visible through your shirt as the trimester progresses. Well-placed kicks under your ribs can take your breath away!


_______________________________________________


Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. He's probably in the head-down position by now, with his bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for his body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make his eventual exit (only a few months away now!) much easier. (If he's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still time for a flip before birth.)

_______________________________________________





Can I say again how BIG God is? He took nothing and made everything. He took me and my husband and created a life; a soul. What a mighty God we serve!

Psalm 139:14
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."






1 comment:

Rachelle said...

SO amazing!! Praise God for His wonderful miracle - little Nathan! :D How precious are His works, indeed! :D

You are lookin' good, little momma! It's hard for me to believe you are at 8 months. Seems like this pregnancy has flown... but that's probably because I haven't had to live with that belly getting in my way every day. ;) You are so close now... I'm looking forward to the day that Nathan James will join the rest of us and you and Grant will be able to hold him in your arms! :D Isaac and I are praying for you almost every day in the meantime. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...