Monday, June 30, 2014

"Set-Apart Motherhood" review

When I was asked to write a review for Leslie Ludy's new book, "Set-Apart Motherhood: Reflecting Joy and Beauty in Family Life" I jumped at the chance. Having been a long-time follower of the Ludy ministry, I had confidence that this book would be just as spiritually enriching as the others. I was right. :)

If you are a mommy, may I just flat-out tell you to go buy yourself this book? You will be encouraged, challenged, and find such a bigger vision for your calling as a mother than simply being a chauffeur, nurse, and chef. :) 




My review as posted on Amazon, CBD, and GoodReads:

As a mom of two little ones (and another on the way), I have been hungry for a book that would give me more than a “go-easy-on-yourself” attitude towards motherhood. There is a great need for books that offer more than a watered down, spiritually lazy approach to mothering. As one who has been greatly impacted by the ministry of Leslie and Eric Ludy, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. And it did not disappoint! Leslie challenged me with a higher call for Godly motherhood far beyond what I could ever envision for myself. Set-Apart Motherhood is filled with humorous experiences and stories that I can relate to, as well as a powerful call for all Moms to walk in the strength and joy of the Lord, even (and especially!) on the hard days when your flesh is screaming to call it quits.

I love how Leslie encourages the reader with practical ways to apply Biblical truths. Each chapter, from “Getting Beyond the Frazzle” (a chapter I desperately needed!) to “Tensile Strength Training” (very convicting for me) encouraged me and gave me some spiritual “oomph!” on those days when I felt completely drained from all the responsibilities that come with raising little people. But by far, her focus on reaching the heart and soul of our kids reminded me of WHY God made me a mother. In the chapter “Tending to Their Souls,” Leslie writes, “….it is your privilege to have every one of your children saved. But it costs something to have them saved. It costs your spending much time alone with God, to be much in prayer, and it costs also your making those sacrifices and straightening out those things in your life that are wrong….Let us not fail to make the eternal salvation of our children the highest priority of our parenting, and make whatever personal sacrifices necessary in order to lead them to Christ.”

That is what it is all about. I cannot praise this book enough and highly recommend it to any and all mothers who desire to raise their children for God’s glory.


To pre-order your copy, go to Amazon.com or CBD.com.


If you are interested in attending Leslie's Set-Apart Motherhood conference September 12-13 in Colorado, head on over to SetApartMotherhood.com to register! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...