Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Where Joy Is Wednesday #6 and a Link-Up

Welcome to
 Where Joy Is Wednesday!


Today, my goal is to giggle and run and do all the silly things that children do with my children. I want to play pirates with my son, eat a soggy, crumbled cookie out of my daughter's hand, and pull them both into my lap and read them a story. I want to eat peanut butter out of the jar, laugh at the dirt stains on the the bottom of our socks, and simply be wild and crazy with the two little people who call me Mommy. Today, I want to embrace the joy of childhood.

It's easy as parents to be serious all the time. I catch myself saying "No" on a continual basis. I hear myself putting off a quick story, a fun coloring project, or eating a Popsicle for breakfast just because I'm a grown-up who might have better things to do. I don't want to be that person today.

If you are a mommy, today I want you to go wild with your kids. Say "yes" to something crazy. Scoop up your little ones and have a kissing match. Blow bubbles inside the house. Bake cookies and let them add sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate chips, or old jelly beans. Laugh today. Be fun today. Show your family the joy that comes with living this beautiful, blessed life. :) The years don't last long. Make them count.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!! I babysit 4-5 mornings a week, and oftentimes find myself being a little too serious, as well. Awesome reminder for later, too ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...