- On Christmas Eve, he began crawling. What a great Christmas present! :) We were beginning to wonder if he would EVER crawl! But now, he is most definitely not inch-worming anymore, but is officially crawling....everywhere. :)
- A few days after Christmas, he pulled up for the first time. Now, you can't keep him on the ground for long. He crawls to the coffee table, then pops up. He crawls to the couch, and pulls himself up to say "blah-da-da-tha-blah-da." He crawls to the TV and pulls himself up so he can take everything off the shelf. :-o Uh oh....
- He loves to eat. He loves the Gerber "crawling snacks" and loves apple juice and water too. As for "big people food," he loves avocados, black-eyed peas, purple hull peas, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet tea (though I'M not the one giving him that), ice cream (uh oh) and just about everything else that is put in his mouth. He isn't fond of carrots or asparagus, but I force-feed them to him anyway. He has tried scrambled eggs and green beans, but can't seem to make up his mind if he likes them or not. :)
- On January 5, I felt his first tooth pop through. Then on January 11, the SECOND tooth came through. Ahhh!!!! C.U.T.E.
- A few days ago, I was trying to get him to say "Momma" but all he would say is "Da-da." Then I whispered - in desperation - "Nathan, say Momma!" And he WHISPERED "Da-da." LOL. Crazy nut.
- Okay, so he knows what the word, "No" means. You can say "No!" and he will either 1) pucker up and give you puppydog eyes, 2) begin crying like he just lost everything he loves, or 3) look disappointed and crawl off. When he's being mischievous and gives me those big, sad, pleading eyes, it is HARD not to crumble into hysterical laughter. He knows how to take full advantage of his cuteness. I have a feeling he is going to be QUITE the handful very, very, very soon.
Now, for the pictures....
Playing while Momma cooks
Baby's first Christmas :)
With Momma, Daddy, Marmee, and Poppie
Watching Veggie Tales in his "club house" hehehe
Eating Pop's mashed potatoes
First time in a hotel!
In a big-boy highchair at Denny's