Monday, November 21, 2011

Nathan's Introduction to Christmas

I poured myself a cup of coffee (with coco mix and marshmallows added) and I came into this study. I pulled up Blogger (for the first time in a week....sorry!) and logged in. Then I walked into the living room to check on Nathan.......and pulled him out from under the Christmas tree. Again.

How that child scoots from one side of the living room to the other in a matter of seconds amazes me! Yesterday, Grant and I began decorating for Christmas (even though it was 73 degrees outside. Bleh.) and I have gotten a kick out of Nathan's reaction. He was taking a nap when we set up the Christmas tree and when he woke up and I brought him in the living room, his face was priceless! I wish we would have had the foresight to video it. It was a mixture of confusion, curiosity, and shock which, on a seven month old, is a hilarious combination. Every time he looks at the tree, awe is all over his face. So adorable. We are currently having to teach him the word "no." Yes....we have reached the age and, believe you me, HE KNOWS. I have told him "No, Nathan. No-no touch. No." two or three times so far this morning and every time those words come out of my mouth, he stops and looks down like he is heartbroken and ashamed. Little stinker.

So far, he has been a very good boy concerning the Christmas tree. It's expected behavior for a seven month old boy to want to touch (and possibly eat) the Christmas tree. It really is cute. He scoots over and stares with big eyes. It's then that he reaches out his little hand....which gives me the green light to say "No, Nathan. No-no touch."  Consistency is key...and it's best to start early, yes? :)

Today I am deep cleaning the house. DEEP CLEANING, I say. The living room is done. The kitchen is done. Our bedroom is alllllmost done. And it's only 9:30 a.m. Not bad, at all! :) We have a busy week ahead of us but I am SO EXCITED!! Today I am cleaning and decorating and getting ALL the laundry washed, dried, folded, ironed, and put away. Tomorrow I am doing some grocery shopping and finishing up on a certain someone's Christmas gift. Wednesday is the Thanksgiving lunch at Grant's office (which I am to make mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, and a dessert) THEN the Thanksgiving dinner at Grant's mom's house. Thursday is - of course - THANKSGIVING which means that I will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade as I cook another dessert and make a salad for Thanksgiving dinner at Grant's grandmother's house (Whew...can we say diet?). Then Friday, I will be getting up and hitting the Black Friday sales with my Mom, Melody, Mercy, my mother-in-law, and my grandmother-in-law. That is going to be crazy-fun! Friday is also Mercy's 15 birthday, so it will be awesome to spend the day with her on her birthday. Then there is the long-awaited and every-year-anticipated Arkansas vs LSU game that afternoon. And if that wasn't enough excitement, some good friends of ours are coming in that afternoon from Louisiana to spend the weekend with us! They have a little boy a few months older than Nathan and I know that this visit will be extra fun for them now that Nathan is scooting around. Woooooo! Can we say awesomely-fun-and-hectically-exciting week? Yes, we can. :)

SO, guess I'd better get back to getting things ready.....and pull Nathan out from the Christmas tree again. :p


3 comments:

isaacsgirl said...

Hehe, love that! :D Precious boy! I'm glad you're being consistent with "no"... for his sake and your's! He's blessed to have a consistent momma!

Purposely at Home said...

*sigh* don't you just LOVE this time of year?! i am pretty pumped about all the festivities too. :) Happy Thanksgiving, Kristin!

Lisa said...

Hehehe. Totally cute! Love it! :) Go you on consistency, btw! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...