Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strawberry Fig Jam

My husband LOVES figs. True to his heritage (he is 1/4 Jewish), he could eat figs every day and loves pretty much anything with figs in them. He and I both love jam. There is a tree down the road from where we live that has a ton of figs this year! So, after he so sweetly begged me to make some strawberry fig jam this year, I figured why not give it a go? So this afternoon, Nathan and I took a walk and I picked some figs and came back to try and make jam for the first time. I looked up the following recipe, deciding to start slow and easy (and next year, go with a more complicated recipe).

Happy Jamming! :)




3 c. fresh, peeled figs (mashed slightly)
2 c. sugar
2 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello
1/2 c. water
1/2 slice lemon
5 (8 oz.) jars

Mix all ingredients in large pot. Cook on high heat until mixture comes to rolling boil. Cook on medium heat 20 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Pour into sterilized hot jars and seal.

Simple enough, eh?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is so fun!!! I am glad you got to do that -- and I am sure Grant feel very blessed, once again, to have you as his wife!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...