Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Freezing Figs For Later


Currently I am living with my sweet in-law family as my husband and I build our house. And they have a garden! ---totally cannot wait to have my own garden! They also have two fig trees!

I want to make some fig preserves and some strawberry-fig jam, but I'm limited on space and I don't have my caning supplies on hand as they are all still in storage. I just can't handle watching the figs fall off the tree! What?!? NO! After reading that figs can be frozen for up to 6 months, I decided to do the following. So, if you are short on time or are in a position similar to mine, here is something you can do.


Go pick the figs

my sweet Nathan helping me out
had to snap this classic picture of Selah watching us
sweet girl
counting the figs we picked

Wash them up


Dry them and place them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet



Freeze! Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or container and store until you are ready!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...