Friday, September 6, 2013

Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


{that's a mouth-full}

Those that know me well know that I cannot -- I repeat, cannot -- turn down a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Especially a hot one. My husband and I are trying to loose some weight. I still have 10 lbs I need to loose. I have slowly started omitting white flour and sugar. Let me just say, if you have spent your whole life using white sugar and white flour, then it can be a life-changer when you stop. Anyway, yesterday I was craving chocolate chip cookies. I mean, BAD! So I did some digging and found a recipe, tweaked it a bit, and here is the result!


1 cup creamy almond butter (I used Justin's brand)
2/3 cup sugar (I recommend Stevia, Truvia, or what I used - Xylitol)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Glucomannan powder

1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the almond butter and sugar. Mix in the egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and Glucomannan powder until evenly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. Yields about 16 cookies

I think I know what is on you mind. What in the world is Glucomannan powder?? Am I right? Yeah, I didn't know what it was either.


Don't worry, if you don't have it, the cookies still comes out delicious. I have only recently been introduced to Glucomannan and the benefits are amazing! You can pretty much only find this powder online. I bought it from Swanson Vitamins. It's a bit pricey but it will last you a long time and it is packed with fiber and other great health benefits. It is made from the Asia root, Konjac, and has NO carbs, NO fats, and is an amazing thickener that you can use for pudding, smoothies, and even ice cream! It is used for weight loss, type 2 diabetes, blood sugar control, and lowering cholesterol. It also helps curb appetite and makes you feel fuller. So yeah, it's worth the investment. :)

Like I said, if you don't have it (and you probably do not), you can still make these yummy cookies! Happy cooking! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...