Wednesday, May 15, 2013

where JOY is

I am at a new place in my life that calls me higher. It demands more. And my "more" is the title of this blog - where JOY is. Satan is the destroyer of joy. He steals our reason to do as David did and sing songs of praise, even in the midst of emotional hurt or physical pain. If he cannot have our souls, then he will try to devour our happiness and push us lower and lower into a pitiful mess of gloom. But I say, as David did, restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation!

Looking around at what we have become, even in the Church, I am burdened for myself and my fellow sisters. We have lost our joy!

Single women have no joy in waiting on the Lord's timing for romance.

Married women have no joy in serving and loving their husbands.

Mothers have no joy in investing their lives in raising and discipling their children.

Homemakers have no joy in keeping their home and making it a sanctuary for their family.

Believe me, even in the middle of long days, exhausting nights, and seasons of waiting patiently impatiently for God to move, there is joy. Though I am struggling with you, because the Bible tells us so, I KNOW we have plenty of reasons to sing, dance, shout, and rejoice in who God created us to be. And I choose joy.

Be patient with me as I continue to move things over and get this blog in line. But expect regular posts very soon and I encourage you to join me as the Lord teaches us both how to be full-to-the-brim of His joy and how to offer that joy to the lost world in need.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...