Thursday, March 18, 2010

Waiting


The other night during our crusade, Bro. Jack Daniels preached on the storms of life and it touched me. A few years ago, my family went through quite a storm (though I'd like to label it a category 5 hurricane). But in the midst of that on-going battle, though I had my "up" moments and my "down" moments, I found incredible strength in the promises of my Father. It's very easy for those of us who have been brought up in Church, to look at the Scriptures and simply believe that the promises of God are true. But I'm learning that it's when we are at a point in our life where those promises are all we have - it's THEN that we understand them more and see them for what they truly are. We, then, don't just believe they are true, we KNOW they are. We know because we see them and we feel them. Even when things don’t make sense, we're to hold onto the promises of Scripture. 

Hebrews 13:5 -
"...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Isaiah 45:2 -
"I will go before thee..."

Exodus 14:14 -
"The LORD shall fight for you...."

Deuteronomy 3:22 -
"Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you."

Deuteronomy 20:4 -
"For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you."

Judges 6:16 -
"And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee..."

We so often ask "Why?" We long to know why "this and that" happens. We want answers and we want to see clearly but there are times when we must walk on in the face of the unexplained and incomprehensible. Some things will go unanswered until eternity. What I'm learning more each day is that I must trust Him. I must trust without hesitation, without reservation. I must trust Him implicitly and leave the “why” to His infinite wisdom. My wonderful Savior, who holds the universe in the palm of His hand, sees every tear, knows every fear, and - get this - HE CARES! What a marvelous God! :) He rides the winds and calms the storms. He holds all in his hands.

In life or in death...He is GOD and He is to be praised.

If I wonder why something trying is allowed,
and press for prayer that it may be removed;
if I cannot be trusted with any disappointment,
and cannot go on in peace under any mystery, then I know nothing of Calvary Love.
If the ultimate, the hardest, cannot be asked of me...then I know nothing of Calvary love.

If I ask to be delivered from trial rather than for deliverance out of it,
to the praise of His glory;
If I forget that the way of the cross leads to the cross and not to a bank of flowers;
If I regulate my life on these lines, or even unconsciously my thinking,
so that I am surprised when the way is rough and think it is
strange, though the word is, 'Think it not strange,' 'Count it all joy,'
Then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If my attitude be one of fear, not faith....then I know nothing of Calvary Love.
                                - Amy Carmichael

Genesis 28:15 -
"And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."

Matthew 28:20 -
"...and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...