Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Want To Be a History Maker!

This past week in revival, I was given the opportunity to bring a small message to the youth one night. I chose my heart's passion - sacred and set-apart living! I spoke about greats in the Bible; Gideon, Joshua, David, Isaiah, Paul, John, Hannah, Ruth, Esther, Mary, and Deborah and about greats in history like Maeyken Wens, David Livingstone, Amy Carmichael, Jim Elliot, and John Hyde.

Why do we not know of these people? I asked.

We know about Brad Pitt and Hallie Berry. We know about Will Smith, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Tom Cruise and Sandra Bullock. We know about the latest Hollywood Blockbuster and the newest American Idol. Yet we know nothing of the Godly saints, the persecuted Church, the martyrs, missionaries and heroes of the faith. We know nothing of our brothers and sisters who are being tortured, imprisioned, hunted, and killed as we speak. We know nothing of our Christian heritage and the blood-stained path of the narrow road. We don't know....and we don't care. We are too consumed with iTunes, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter to care. We are too caught up in texting, weekend parties, and dates to give it much thought.

I want to be a history maker! I don't want my life to merely be plastered on Hollywood's big screen or broadcasted all over the world on Pop Radio. I don't want the fade-away things that are physical and mean nothing. I want the eternal things. I want to be named among the mighty, valiant women of old. I want my life to be in Heaven's "Who's Who" instead of this earths.

I want to be a history maker..... do you?




Hebrews 11:33-38a -
Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.


Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(Of whom the world was not worthy:)....

Hebrews 13:3, 7
Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversati

on.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...