Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful || Week One

   
On Facebook, many of my friends are posting something that they are thankful for each day. Grant and I have been away for several days and so I am behind. Therefore, I plan to do my Thanksgiving list weekly, instead of daily. So here is week one of some of the things I am most thankful for:


1. My Savior. I am thankful to have a God who forgives, who saves, who heals, who loves, and who is everything I need. My whole life, I was raised with Jesus in front of me, but....He is more than my Sunday School story. He is so much more than the songs my family and I sing. He is more than the words written in my Bible. He is more than my "Blesser" and "Leader." To me He is becoming, more and more each day, my everything. And I am so thankful that when I trip and fall flat on my face in the mud of a hog pen, He still wants me and He still loves me. I am thankful that He chose to save me and give me eternal life; that He redeemed "an old sinner like me."

2. My husband. I am thankful to have a man who is loyal and faithful. We fell in love, we had a beautiful wedding, and we made a precious little boy... He is my dearest friend and my earthly rock. We have had some trying moments. The first year of marriage is always hard, learning to adjust to each other. Add to that a pregnancy and the birth of a baby - all before the one-year mark and.... it's trying. It's emotional. It's overwhelming. But I am so thankful that God gave me a man who loves me when I'm unlovable; who provides and cares for us; and who is an amazing example of strength and grace. God knew exactly what He was doing when He brought us together. He knew that we would compliment one another and that - together - we would be stronger. I am so thankful for the honor of being Grant's wifey! :)......and for the immense delight in calling him mine. ;)

3. My little boy. I am thankful to hold in my arms the cutest, sweetest, most adorable little boy on the planet. I was overjoyed to learn I was pregnant last year, but I was also terrified to my core! I was afraid that I wouldn't be a good enough mom. I was afraid that something may happen to him while I carried him in my womb. I was even selfishly afraid that once a baby came into the picture, I would have no more freedom to have fun. How ridiculous! Nathan is heaven in my arms. I am humbled that God chose me to be his mommy and I am, and forever will be, thankful that I am.

4. My parents. I am thankful to have been given Godly parents. True, Godly fathers and mothers are a rarity these days but, by the grace of God, I was given two of the very best. I am thankful that they taught me to stand firm upon the Word of God, even though I may stand alone. I am thankful that they brought me up in Church, and also lived it at home. I am thankful for the legacy that they have and will leave behind. They have endured much over the years but, through everything, they have remained fully committed to Jesus Christ and for their great example of Godliness, I am thankful.

5. My sisters. I am thankful to have five beautiful, sweet, hilarious, and completely entertaining sisters! When I was five years old, I prayed and prayed (on a nightly basis, I'm told) for a little sister. I wanted a little sister more than anything and...well, I suppose God has a sense of humor because He gave me FIVE of them! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Melody is so witty, and she is gorgeous both inside and out. She has a firm resolve but is so gentle and kind. Mercy simply captivates me with her humor that often leaves me aching from laughing so hard. I love her personality and her ability to make everyone feel like they are at home. Brooklyn amazes me with her creativity and her knowledge of everything. She has a hungry to learn and she is my book-buddy! Jamie has rendered me speechless over and over again by her boldness. She can easily walk up to someone and tell them about Jesus - and she's 11 years old! And Noel.... she is truly a gift that I'm sure we all didn't know we needed. I have found myself looking up to them and viewing them as some of my biggest role models. I am so thankful God answered that five-year old girl's prayers.

6. My family and extended family. I am thankful for my blood-kin and for my in-laws; My grandparents, my uncles and aunts, my cousins, and my husband's family who have taken me in as their own. Each one is special. Each one is dear to me. I love sitting in their company and making memories. I am so thankful for all the fun, laughter, stories, history, and just plain 'ole good times that have been shared.

7. My home. I am thankful for the home I had as a child and, now, for the home I have made with my little family. It's cozy. It's homey. It's clean (most of the time). It's relaxing. It's special. It's perfect. I'm thankful that God has given me a beautiful little place that is a million times more than what countless millions of others have. I am so blessed and am thankful for the roof over my head, food in the pantry, clothes in our closets, and for the little luxuries I often take for granted.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Being thankful is very happy. :) Good things to be thankful for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...