Saturday, December 3, 2011

Crock Pot Fried Chicken


Have you heard of the Skinny Crock Pot? If not, now you have! (you're welcome) Let me tell you, after last night I am sold on these recipes. I encourage you to check out the site and like their Facebook page (where more recipes can be found).   *** Note: some of the recipes call for alcohol, so please be aware and be mindful that I do not recommend that ingredient.


Yesterday, I decided to try out the Crock Pot fried chicken recipe.

Chicken? Fried? In a crock pot? And... it's healthier? No way!

Yes way. It was so easy and a definite success! My husband loved it and I was thrilled that it tasted great and was practically effortless. Soooo, here is the recipe if you want to try it out.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 t seasoned salt

1 T Italian seasoning
1 t onion powder
1 t paprika
1/2 t black pepper
  
The Directions:
Combine all the spices and the flour in a freezer bag or in a shallow dish. Dredge each chicken piece well, and place into your crock pot.

When all the chicken is in the crock, pour the Olive Oil over it.

Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10.

** I sprayed my CP w/Veg Spray to prevent the meat from sticking. Had a crunch to it, and juicy in the middle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...