Monday, April 7, 2014

Quesadillas for Kiddos




Getting vegetables into kids can be a nightmare extremely difficult. Especially if you have a finicky eater....which I do. My two kids are so different when it comes to food. Nathan, who is nearly three, is picky and sometimes it is a long, drawn-out battle to get him to eat his dinner. On the other hand, Selah, our one year old, will eat pretty much anything you put in front of her. I'm learning that if you get creative, you can get veggies in your kids without them ever suspecting a thing.

I have made vegetable quesadillas before and they have been a hit. Recently, I made them again and also created a pizza quesadilla. They were also a hit! Here is what I did:

For the pizza quesadilla, I put one tortilla on my quesadilla maker and topped it with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis and, I snuck in some onions and shredded carrots. I placed another tortilla on top and cooked it until it was brown.

For the vegetable quesadilla, I made it similar to the one I'd previous shared. On the tortilla, along with cheese, I added carrots, peppers, onions, and lots of spinach. After it was cooked, we scarfed it down!




My kids loved them. Selah actually ate one of each!

For more ideas of how you can sneak veggies in your kids, check out these posts:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I've followed your blog anonymously for a while now. I found it through a Christian friend who blogs. I don't mean to be rude or to embarrass you when I ask this question, because I sincerely want to know: What keeps you blogging? I've noticed that the comments aren't too many; are many negative? What is the feedback you usually get? Is it important to you what people say?

Beth said...

Hi Anonymous, you're right - I don't have too many comments here on the blog. I do, however, get comments via the page on FB, I have been pinned on Pinterest many times, and I get lots of private FB messages. That's usually where my ideas come from - from people who have contacted me privately and have asked questions. I keep blogging for that reason, and also because if one post can encourage one person and lead them into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ, then it's all worth it. :)

Plus, it's like therapy for me! :)

Don't be a stranger and feel free to comment any time. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...